Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Hear Me Out

So, since I have started up this blog I have had many viewers and it's growing every day. I love it! I love that people check out my blog and come back for more. I even like it when anonymous people e-mail, or comment on the blog posts to tell me what they think. Key word here... anonymous. The whole reason I started this blog in the first place was so that I could write whatever I am feeling and have people enjoy it, and that has definitely happened. However, I have had people I know personally start to text me telling me they liked my post, or what they thought of it, and I don't like it.

I don't want to know who reads my blog, when they read it, what they think of my post, or how much they agree with me.

I don't mind an anonymous fellow blogger sending me a professional e-mail and having a discussion about blog topics there, but that is it. If I have people I know texting me about my blog, I will just be forced to move my blog to a place where it will be private. Which I don't want to do. I want to be able to keep everything right here, but having people I actually know texting me about my blog has started to kill it for me. How could this be? Let me explain. When I open up a blank page and start writing, I don't want to write differently or censor certain things because I know certain people are looking at my blog. If I have people texting me or whatever telling me they read a certain blog post, then the next time I write, that person is just stuck in my head, and then it actually hinders my writing. This blog is like a diary to me, the only difference is I am sharing it with the world. That being said, I know that people I know are going to stumble across it, but please, just enjoy the blog, don't text me or call me to comment on a post I made.

I do, however, accept e-mails from people who are anonymous and wish to talk about a blog post, and I also accept people leaving comments on a post.

I really didn't want to make this a blog post today, because I like to write about stories and what not, but I just had to say this now, because it has already started to hinder my thought process when I try to write. Thank you everyone =)

No comments:

Post a Comment