Thursday, June 20, 2013

What's The Buzz?

I like to keep current about what's going on in the world. In the morning when I am getting ready for work, I like to watch the local news channel for things such as weather updates and other breaking news stories in the local area. During the day, I like to hear about what's going on around the world and such, but I don't just want to look at the popular places like nbc.com, foxnews.com, or cnn.com. Those places I just mentioned obviously do tell you what's happening and many serious breaking news stories are reported there, but I have to say, if you are looking for some entertainment news, but you also want to get some "real" news at the same time, check out buzzfeed.com.


Now, I really like buzzfeed because during the day when I am bored or at work, I'm looking for something funny, and every day there are brand new stories and articles on this website and most of them are pretty entertaining. Like today, the top story on the website is about Soprano's actor James Gandolfini, who just recently passed last night. That is hard news, but if you scroll down to the other stories, there's funny, gross, and even disturbing stories. For instance, I literally saw a video on this website this morning of a giant yellow snake opening a door. What?! I already hated snakes with a passion and now I discovered today that the damn things can open doors. No thank you! Not too comforting.

While Buzzfeed has many hilarious and sometimes totally weird articles, they also turn back the clock and post articles about history. Today, there is an article on the website that has 20 black and white pictures from American life throughout the 20th century, and it's really powerful. There's stories like that every day that are entertaining, but at the same time teach you something you may not have known before. Some journalists or other writers out there may not see buzzfeed.com as a website that is very professional, but I think they are. They realize that people want to know the serious issues that are going on around the world, but at the same time there are so many other stories and interesting things going on in the world that, while they may not have to do with war, drugs, and the economy, they still hold importance in every day life whether we even know it or not.

To me, Buzzfeed is a great place to go to learn about what is going on in the world, without getting depressed over it. When you turn on the news right now, you don't need me to tell you that most of those stories are sad, and negative. Buzzfeed is going to give you news that you can smile at, and honestly, some of the stories on this website will even restore your faith in humanity. If you read this post, all I ask is that you check out this website. I came across this website by chance a few months ago, and now I check it every day. I have made this website part of my day and one of the main sources where I find out what's going on out there. And I have to say, I don't think you are going to regret checking out this site, because there is something there for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment