Friday, June 14, 2013

Looking To The Future

Truthfully, this is probably going to be my last post until Sunday or Monday. Even though the weekends are meant for relaxation, they always seem to be the busiest part of the week for me. Working two jobs, (one full time and one part time) is very exhausting and basically everything that I don't have time to get done during the week has to get done on the weekends. Thinking about my upcoming busy weekend, it kind of makes me realize that I am definitely not a kid anymore. I remember like, back in high school and even last summer, when I had different jobs, I was able to hangout on the beach all day, and work some shifts at night. I had it so good. I slept in most days, hungout, got all my stuff done, and then would work at night. Since I have an internship that is Monday thru Friday during the day, I have to prioritize my time better, and truly be an adult.

I've had to be an adult for a while now but I really don't mind it. Honestly, I like it. I don't like being lazy. It's extremely hard for me to just sit and not do anything, because I guess in my mind I always feel like there's more to be done. Running errands, cleaning, making phone calls, etc. etc.

The only time it really gets hard is when a lot of my friends and people my age have so much more freedom to just do whatever. They get to go to all these cool places over the summer, or just like chill at home and not really do all that much. Maybe they have a summer job for some extra cash, but that money can just be spent on whatever, because they have parents that help them. Don't get me wrong I am NOT COMPLAINING, because I know that all the hard work I'm putting in right now is giving me an advantage over everyone else. The struggle makes me stronger, wiser, smarter, and it teaches me how to be more independent and support myself without anyone else's help. I actually feel really good knowing that I pay for everything on my own. I am very independent and no matter what happens, I am always OK.

I'm excited for what the future brings for me because I know that it is all uphill from here. Now that I am older and have a "big girl job", I have been more confident in the fact that I can support myself better financially and it's a really good feeling. I have two years of college left, and I am working really hard at securing a full time job in my field by the time I graduate. If all goes as planned I hope to have my own place on the NH seacoast. I was born and raised there, and even though I went to college a few hours away from home, it has just made me realize how much I want to stay there and have a family there someday. You read that correctly, I am going to be a towny. I grew up in such a great area, and the people in the area are just so nice. I feel that I got a great base growing up here, and I can't think of anywhere else I want my future children to grow up. Of course I am not in a rush to have a family, but I think it's important to always plan for the future because then that way you aren't stuck or caught off guard when all of a sudden that day comes.

I am going to end this post with a quote.
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." -Will Rogers.
I always loved this quote because it kind of reminds me to always be working towards getting to where you want to be. I am naturally always on the move trying to get things done, or getting internships, or just bettering myself in some way. I don't want a summer to go by where I am not making the most money I can make at a job that is teaching me so many skills I will use in the professional world someday. This quote reminds me to ALWAYS KEEP MOVING. Sometimes people tell me to JUST HAVE FUN NOW, and DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE FUTURE. Of course it is important to have fun, and I do have a lot of fun, but if having fun is all you care about, you may find yourself at a stand still because while you were having "so much fun", life kept going. I have fun in moderation, because everything is good in moderation. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment